Palace is a promotional single and the fifth and final track off Hayley Kiyoko's third extended play, Citrine. It was released on September 30, 2016 and later as a promotional single on February 16, 2017 through Atlantic and Empire.
In a Facebook live stream described the palace of the song as a way of moving on from the death of someone you loved however, instead of mourning them it's simultaneously “[celebrating] their life”.
- "I feel like they all have a specific reason why they’re on the EP, but I’d say “Palace,” the last track on the record. I think that’s the most powerful song, lyrically, because it’s about loss and how when you lose someone, both literally and figuratively, you have to mourn them. It’s a dedication to those people. I think that definitely connects with almost everyone in some way."
- - Kiyoko in an interview with Teen Vongue 
- "The story behind "Palace” is like losing a loved one, like from a tragic loss and kinda getting over that and figuring out a way to kind of heal and instead of mourning someone’s death, celebrating their life and remembering them in a palace."
- - Kiyoko in the Facebook live stream
- "I (i) wrote it to help heal that feeling of loss. I wanted a song that celebrates the memory of someone's life (llfe) and spirit so it can live on..xx"
- - Kiyoko on twitter when asked about the meaning of the song
|March 30, 2018 • 48:37 • Atlantic • Empire|
|Released||Ease My Mind • Gravel To Tempo • One Bad Night • Palace • Pretty Girl|
|One Bad Night Tour|